WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
IMC– Where Technology drives Trading
Trading nowadays happens in a highly competitive technological landscape; the best trading idea alone doesn’t cut it anymore. Instead, only the best trading ideas that are enabled via robust, scalable and fast technology win.
Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
Driven to be the best, our Desktop Engineers are responsible for maintaining the systems that enable IMC to compete at the highest level. They possess a forward thinking attitude required to ensure the performance and stability of IMCs most critical and highly utilized enterprise level technology.
Our Desktop Engineers cover all levels of support, so this is far from a traditional helpdesk role.
DESKTOP SUPPORT ENGINEER AT IMC:
You will collaborate with IMC employees throughout the organization to diagnose, troubleshoot, and correct issues that interfere with access to critical enterprise systems. Daily responsibilities include implementation, maintenance and support for desktops, user devices, servers, and the network where applicable. You will be expected to provide excellent customer service and support in a fast paced and demanding environment. You’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility to provide an IT environment with the aim to exceed your user’s expectations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Support the physical and virtual desktop trading environment, core infra components like email and DNS, Directory Management, Cloud Technologies, phone & video communication systems and end user devices like tablets, mobile phones and laptops
- Oversee deployment and updates of the newest enterprise level technologies such as Adobe, Java, Microsoft, and other desktop applications.
- Install, modify and repair computer hardware and software (including servers, desktop and printers).
- Support IMC’s state of the art Audio and Visual technology systems.
- Inventory- and capacity management
- Troubleshoot, escalate and document computer network issues.
- Ensure timely and organized resolution of issues via JIRA ticketing system.
- Assist in-house Facilities Management with execution of desk and physical equipment moves.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A degree (MBO/HBO/BSc) in ICT related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Previous Desktop Support experience (at least 3 years)
- Confident in communicating in English
- Knowledge of Windows and Mac Operating Systems. Linux experience would be considered a plus.
- You are a self-starter with sense of urgency and strong prioritization skills. Pro-active and pragmatic.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and diagnostic skills; ability to solve problems creatively and proactively.
- Have a desire to learn new skills and evolve as IMC introduces new technologies to the environment.
- Willing to get involved on physical tasks such as desk moves and room setups.
WHAT MAKES IT FUN?
You will have ample opportunities to learn and develop yourself both on the job and trough training. You will work in a cool office with fun colleagues and an informal atmosphere.
IMC encourages all associates to bring their ideas to the table and not be intimidated to question an approach or idea if there’s a better way to solve a problem. We employ a broad range of people with varying backgrounds. What they have in common is their superior technical expertise, extraordinary intellect and collaborative approach.
We operate at the bleeding edge of technology. If something new can potentially bring an advantage we will actively invest in developing and utilizing that solution. Implementation and support of IMC’s technology systems is viewed as a driver of our success and not a cost center.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.