- Master’s degree or PhD in mathematics or industrial/business engineering with a focus on operations research
- Basic understanding of one or more of the following areas: design and implementation of logistics strategy, network design and optimization, transportation, warehouse design and optimization, or supply chain planning and management processes
- Presentation and communication skills, in particular the ability to explain complex analytical concepts in a comprehensive way to nonspecialists and experts in other areas
- First practical experience in using operations research methods and modeling in a business context
- Exposure to tools like Excel, VBA, Alteryx, Tableau, and Power BI is an advantage
- Secure command of one programming language (e.g., Python, Java, Julia, R, or related languages)
- Experience in formulating and solving optimization problems with Gurobi, CPLEX, or CBC or in simulation software such as AnyLogic
- Fluent communication in the local office language and English
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll be working with McKinsey’s Operations Practice in Europe, which assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients’ most critical problems.
Our Supply Chain Management service line is part of our Operations Practice and helps leading companies in all industries develop and implement future-oriented logistics strategies. We do this by making significant improvements in customer service while reducing invested capital and costs by transforming and optimizing their supply chains from end to end.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You’ll work with colleagues and clients to develop innovative supply chain solutions that support clients’ business objectives and give them a competitive edge.
You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
This includes gathering and analyzing data, developing simulation and optimization models, and building prototypes, as well as developing recommendations based on data-driven insights to present to client management.
In addition to working directly with clients, you will also work with colleagues in our worldwide Operations Practice to develop and refine our analytical approaches and proprietary tools and solutions while expanding your own knowledge and skills. You will contribute your personal ideas and experience to the job—thereby supporting our clients on achieving competitive success and helping us continually expand our expertise.
You’ll also gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. Consultants receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams.
Your application should be in English and include a cover letter, your CV, and your transcripts (high school, university, etc.) indicating all relevant grades.